Delight your senses with tofu steaks marinated in a tantalizing vinegar marinade, complemented by a sweet, tangy apricot-mint compote and fresh seasonal veggies. These tender and flavorful tofu steaks will elevate your grilling game to new heights.
Health Benefits – gluten free, nut free
Prep: 30 Minutes | Cooking time: 10 Minutes | Servings: 4
1 16 oz block extra firm tofu, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp white rice vinegar
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
6–8 cups green beans, trimmed
Cooked quinoa, optional for serving
Fresh mint, for serving
Apricot Mint Compote
½ cucumber, grated
1 apricot, grated
1 Tbsp fresh mint
1 tsp maple syrup
- Wrap tofu in towel and press to remove moisture, then cut into ½-inch slices.
- Mix white rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup together in a large baking dish.
- Add sliced tofu to a baking dish and cover tightly. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. Flip the tofu over at 15 minutes to marinate the other side.
- While the tofu is marinating, prepare the apricot-cucumber-mint compote. Add grated cucumber, apricot, and mint to a bowl and stir in maple syrup, then toss to combine. Store in the fridge until ready for use.
- Cook your quinoa according to package instructions, if serving.
- Heat your grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Place tofu on the grill using tongs and cook for about six minutes on each side, or until slightly blackened. Flip and repeat.
- Steam your green beans in a large pot with a little water. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until just tender.
- Divide tofu and green beans between plates and serve with optional cooked quinoa or grain of your choice. Top with compote and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Recipe has been graciously provided T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
Created on 21 Jul, 2023.Print