Experience a burst of tangy and tropical flavors with this refreshing lemon pineapple ice. Topped with fresh blueberries, this treat perfectly balances sweet and tart.
Health Benefits – soy free, gluten free, nut free
Servings: 5-6 servings
¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
¼ cup water
1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
¼ tsp lemon zest
¼ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and completely dried
- Add fresh juice, water, pineapple, and lemon zest to a high-speed blender. Process until smooth.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the bowl of an automatic ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add fresh berries during the last 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately, or harden further in freezer for an hour.
- To make this recipe without an ice cream maker: Process all ingredients in a blender. Pour blended mix into a container with a lid. Place in the freezer for at least 4–6 hours and serve immediately. If frozen for more than 6 hours, the ice cream will solidify and become too difficult to scoop out.
- This recipe also works wonderfully in a Ninja Creami. Just blend all the ingredients until smooth. Then transfer the mixture to the ice cream container and freeze for a minimum of 24 hours before processing.
Recipe has been graciously provided T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
Created on 05 Aug, 2023.Print