Risotto rice makes a really good substitute for small pasta shapes such as orzo which work well in salads like the one below. Feta cheese is low in lactose and should be tolerated by most individuals with a sensitive gut.
Health Benefits – low in FODMAP, low is sugar, good for sensitive gut
Prep: 25 Minutes | Cooking time: 25 Minutes | Servings: 4
4 medium sized courgettes, cut into 5cm lengths
2 tbsp olive oil
200g risotto rice
40g pine nuts
freshly squeezed juice of a large lemon
salt and black pepper to taste
100g feta crumbled
1 tbsp of chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Gas mark 6.
- Toss the courgettes in the olive oil and place on a baking tray at the top of the preheated oven.
- Bake the courgettes for 15 – 20 minutes until they are soft and beginning to brown.
- Place the rice in a saucepan and add the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes until soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until golden.
- When the courgettes are cooked and golden remove from the oven and add to the pine nuts and rice.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crumbled feta and fresh mint and mix well.
- Keep in the fridge until required.
- Pack up one quarter of this salad in an insulated lunchbox to keep cool until lunchtime.
|Per portion (191g)
|Per 100 g
Shop bought vegetable stock generally contains onion extract or dried onion and may also contain garlic, both of which are FODMAPs
Created on 01 Mar, 2021.Print