For people with a sensitive gut oat bran may be gentler on the gut than rolled oats. Both are low in fermentable carbohydrates but some people may find they can tolerate oat bran better.
Health Benefits – low FODMAPS, high in fiber, good to reduce cholesterol
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cooking time: 10 Munities | Servings: 1
23g rolled oats or oat bran
2 tsp sunflower seeds
1 tsp vanilla sugar
80g chopped fruit to serve. Choose from blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or clementines
50ml lactose free milk or rice milk
- Place oats or oat bran in a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir the porridge until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Meanwhile dry roast the sunflower seeds in a frying pan until golden.
- Remove the porridge from the heat and stir in the toasted sunflower seeds and milk.
- Top with chopped fruit and dust with vanilla sugar.
|Per portion with Lactofree semi skimmed milk (370g with fruit)
|Per 100 g
|Per portion made with water
|Per 100 g
Created on 15 Jan, 2021.Print