Oats and oat bran are really good ingredients to use in cooking. Oat bran in particular is very good for people with a sensitive gut because it is digested easily.
Health Benefits – Healthy snack, provide energy for running, good source of fiber and no FODMAPS, good for gut health
Prep: 1 hour | Cooking time: 40 Minutes | Servings: 16 pieces
140g rolled oats
140g oat bran
100g soft brown sugar
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
3 tbsp sunflower and pumpkin seeds
140g unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6.
- Mix the oats, oat bran, soft brown sugar, coconut, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds together in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan and mix in the dry ingredients.
- Tip into a baking tin 2.5cm deep. Press down and smooth out with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the flapjack begins to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Cut into squares as soon as you remove the flapjack from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the tin.
These flapjacks are great as a snack to take with you to eat either as a late breakfast with some fruit or an afternoon snack with a cup of tea. Just wrap them in some paper and take them with you.
|Per portion (36g)
|Per 100 g
Created on 05 Feb, 2021.Print