Spinach is a vegetable that is tolerated by most people with a sensitive gut and it complements smoked salmon very well. The sweetened lemon cuts through the richness of the salmon.
Health Benefits – low FOFMAPS, source of iron and Omega-3
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cooking time: 1 minute steaming | Servings: 2
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp capers
2 tbsp good quality olive oil
2 x 150g portions hot smoked salmon
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the skin and pith from the lemon.
- Slice as thinly as you dare and remove any pips.
- Place the sliced lemon, any excess juice, caster sugar, capers and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Steam the spinach for 1 minute until it is just beginning to wilt.
- Plunge into cold water and then drain thoroughly.
- Place the spinach on the plate and top with a portion of salmon.
- Place a little sliced lemon to one side of the salmon and dress the salmon and spinach with the remaining lemon juice, capers and olive oil.
|Per portion (217g with fresh fruit)
|Per 100 g
Created on 17 Dec, 2020.Print