Easter is here and you have decided to be good for your health and your gut by not eating too many eggs this year. The good news is that Easter doesn’t have to be boring as we have created a healthier alternative to Easter eggs for you to enjoy!
These Easter eggs are made using grapes and dark chocolate and are therefore lower in fat and sugar than standard mini Easter eggs.
Health Benefits – healthy alternative to chocolate and one of your day
Prep: 30 Minutes | Freezing time: 1 – 2 hours | Servings: 8
These mini Easter eggs are a tasty alternative that are so quick and easy to make. You could even get really creative and go all out with the decorating. Happy Easter!
500g red seedless grapes
125g dark chocolate
2 handfuls of almonds
- Separate the grapes from their stalks and place into a bowl.
- Crush the almonds in a food processor, place into a bowl.
- Heat a small amount of water in a saucepan and put a heat proof bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure it doesn’t touch the water.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put in the bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Sir the chocolate with a wooden spoon occasionally until it melts.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat.
- Using a cocktail stick dip each grape into the melted chocolate making sure it’s well covered, then dip the chocolate covered egg into the bowl of crushed almonds.
- Place the eggs on a baking tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and enjoy!
Created on 12 Apr, 2022.Print