Blueberry Chickpea Salad
|Blueberries are nature’s candy, except their sweetness is all natural and they’re brimming with antioxidants and other nutrients. In this salad, they add a burst of freshness that’s perfect for the summer months!|
Health Benefits - gluten free, soy free
Prep time 10 minutes
Yield 4 servings
The term “barbecue” is actually derived from barbacoa, and both have become very popular foodie trends. The popular spice blend used in this barbacoa makes this a quicker-cooking mushroom recipe.
Reprinted from The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook (BenBella Books, 2015)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 4 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- Handful of mixed salad greens
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice from two lemons
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup water, more or less as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
MUSHROOM BARBACOA BOWL
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups steamed vegetables (broccoli, kale, asparagus, or your choice)
- 1 recipe Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (see recipe)
- To make the tahini dressing, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Mix the salad ingredients in a bowl. Top the salad with the tahini dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe has been graciously provided T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Created on .