Lemon Herbed Chickpeas
|These chickpeas are delicious to nibble on or to use to top salads, pasta, soups, pizza, grains, and more! Leftovers can be lightly mashed or pureed with condiments for a sandwich spread..|
Health Benefits - oil free, soy free, vegan and good source of protein. a healthy snack
Prep time 10 minutes
Yield 4 - 5 servings
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1–1 ½ Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ rounded tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest (optional)
- Lemon pepper or freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano (reserve a few pinches)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh chives (reserve a few pinches)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme (reserve a few pinches)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Starting with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, combine all the ingredients except the reserved fresh herbs and the optional lemon zest in a baking dish, and toss to combine.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the chickpeas are a little golden and the marinade is absorbed. Add the reserved fresh herbs and lemon zest (if using) and toss.
- Taste and add extra seasoning if desired. Serve warm.
Recipe has been graciously provided T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Created on .